Friday, January 28, 2011

The Adventures in Booga Booga Land: Squid Sushi Loses His Marble (DVD) By Richard Milne

The Adventures in Booga Booga Land: Squid Sushi Loses his Marble by Richard Milne  is a DVD that includes 3 stories: Squid Sushi Loses His Marbles(The Lost Pearl), Wally the Waiter(The Soil and the Seeds), and The Flaming Monkey(The Wedding Banquet). Each story is about 15 minutes long, making the complete DVD 45 minutes long. These short stories are suppose to resemble modern day parables to help kids understand them.
That said, I would have to say that it is interesting that there is no mention of Jesus at all, my son, who can normally follow movies well, had no idea what it was about when I questioned him. To top it off, it did not hold his interest. He was down and playing with his toys in a few minutes with no looking back. I had to redirect him back to the T.V. several times.
Also, I think the graphics are very poor for this day in age, it makes it look cheap. I would say that it would have had more potential if it would have reviewed at the end by telling that particular parable of Jesus.  
I received a copy of this DVD from Book Sneeze to review and was not obligated in any way to write a positive review.


No comments:

Post a Comment